Our Current Vacancies
Do you want a role that will give you job satisfaction, with a practice that has all the tools, tech and toys you need to do a great job for your patient?
Would you like to be part of a team with a strong work up culture allowing you to achieve the best possible outcome for your case?
If so, we have just the job for you...Astonlee is a Small Animal Veterinary Practice based in Milton Keynes who are looking for a Vet with proven experience to join the team.
Here's what matters to us as a team:
* An excellent attitude to patient and client care.
* Positive and supportive working environment.
* Excellent clinical standards.
You will work a 4 day week with a share in the weekend rota. We will also welcome applications from candidates looking for less days per week.
We want to let you know career progression is just as important to us as it is to you. We are all strongly focused on development, which is why we would love to talk to you about your goals and help fund a certificate if you have found your interest.
What can we offer you?
* Excellent salary packages and bonus scheme Up to 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays with the option to buy and sell up to two weeks leave.
* Long-term employment security and the opportunity to have a wide and varied career path.
* Relocation packages will also be considered.
* Industry leading enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay offering 10 weeks full and 10 weeks half pay.
* RCVS & VDS fees paid.
* CPD encouraged and funded.
* Company pension scheme.
We welcome new colleagues who share our commitment to providing the best care to the animals in our local community! In return we look after our people and offer rewarding career opportunities for all levels of experience. So if you’re a fully qualified vet or just share our love of all animal comparisons, read on to find out if Astonlee is your next career move.
“I spent 3 years with Astonlee as a Graduate Veterinary Surgeon; I am really happy here, fantastic support and an awesome rota!”
Here at Astonlee Veterinary Centre, we are all about the small animals, treating cats and dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs and also hamsters, birds, reptiles and all other family pets. The practice was founded with the intention of providing the very best veterinary care to the local community and so we have done for over 30 years! Our aim is to give each of our patients the same level of care that we would give our own animals and having a committed team is fundamental in achieving this.
Life at Astonlee
Daily life at Astonlee is challenging, fun and rewarding! Best of all, we thrive on making a difference to the lives of every pet that visits us. We need great people to do this, who love their work just as much as our clients love their pets and we understand what drives our team to deliver the best for the animals in our care.
What makes us different?
- We hold the Investors in People (IIP) Silver Award which concentrates on excellent levels of staff development in line with an internationally recognised standard, providing formal recognition of how deeply our staff care about the work undertaken here, and how they as individuals each provide a vital contribution to providing excellent care for all our clients’ pets.
Why our team love life at Astonlee
- We are proud to be an accredited RCVS Veterinary Centre, are a Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic and hold a Silver Award in the Rabbit Friendly clinic system
- You will be working at an architect designed, modern and purpose built practice, fully equipped for the most challenging of cases!
- We offer possibilities of senior roles
- We consider part-time hours if this suits you best!
- Our practice provides excellent all round experience in medicine and surgery with the scope to tailor workload to your interests
- We focus on providing continuity of care for our vets and their patients; we know this is so important!
- OOH care is provided by VetsNow 10mins away from the practice.
At Astonlee, we all share the same values, from our talented RVN’s, to our wonderfully friendly Front of House team all the way up to our committed Veterinary Surgeons; there are no exceptions to delivering excellence to every client. We all hold the same values which we like to call CHATS:
- Communication throughout
- Team Spirit
If you share our love of pets, our values and would like to join the Astonlee family, we would love to hear from you!