Our Current Vacancies
- Salary according to experience, capability as a general practitioner, and productivity.
- Rota based around a structured 39 hour week that can be a 4 day week, plus some participation in our own out of hours work as we value the in house care we provide. Compensatory time off for weekend work.
- Generous CPD allowance from £1000pa to £3500pa which can include support for certificate study/work tailored to your interests linked to the interests of the practice Varied and interesting caseload.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- Strong support team.
We welcome new colleagues who share our commitment to providing the best care to the animals in our local community! In return we look after our people and offer rewarding career opportunities for all levels of experience. So if you’re a fully qualified vet or just share our love of all animal comparisons, read on to find out if Astonlee is your next career move
“I spent 3 years with Astonlee as a Graduate Veterinary Surgeon; I am really happy here, fantastic support and an awesome rota!”
Here at Astonlee Veterinary Hospital, we are all about the small animals, treating cats and dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs and also hamsters, birds, reptiles and all other family pets. The practice was founded with the intention of providing the very best veterinary care to the local community and so we have done for over 30 years! Our aim is to give each of our patients the same level of care that we would give our own animals and having a committed team is fundamental in achieving this.
Life at Astonlee
Daily life at Astonlee is challenging, fun and rewarding! Best of all, we thrive on making a difference to the lives of every pet that visits us. We need great people to do this, who love their work just as much as our clients love their pets and we understand what drives our team to deliver the best for the animals in our care. Genuity is at the forefront of everything we do.
What makes us different?
- We hold the Investors in People (IIP) Silver Award which concentrates on excellent levels of staff development in line with an internationally recognised standard, providing formal recognition of how deeply our staff care about the work undertaken here, and how they as individuals each provide a vital contribution to providing excellent care for all our clients’ pets.
- Paul, our Practice Owner is committed to the CertAVP in primary care practice has successfully coached over 50 Vets to complete the course. Paul is an experienced coach / mentor and was even involved in developing the course, making Astonlee great place to study for your Cert AVP!
Why our team love life at Astonlee
- We are proud to be an accredited RCVS Veterinary Hospital, are a Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic and hold a Silver Award in the Rabbit Friendly clinic system
- You will be working at an architect designed, modern and purpose built hospital, fully equipped for the most challenging of cases!
- We offer possibilities of senior roles
- We consider part-time hours if this suits you best!
- Our hospital provides excellent all round experience in medicine and surgery with the scope to tailor workload to your interests
- We focus on providing continuity of care for our vets and their patients; we know this is so important!
- Our Vets share their OOH rota with generous time off, giving you the work life balance many crave
At Astonlee, we all share the same values, from our talented RVN’s, to our wonderfully friendly Front of House team all the way up to our committed Veterinary Surgeons; there are no exceptions to delivering excellence to every client. We all hold the same values which we like to call CHATS:
- Communication throughout
- Team Spirit
If you share our love of pets, our values and would like to join the Astonlee family, we would love to hear from you!