We would like to reassure our clients and echo the words of the World Health Organisation that state pets cannot catch or spread COVID19 from or to humans. We are open and dealing with emergency cases and those requiring urgent attention. To understand what is classed as an emergency, please read our advice HERE.
At Astonlee we have preventive human healthcare measures in place so when you come to the practice please work with us to observe these protocols.
We are still working but want to reduce the COVID19 risk to us and clients by:
- Delaying routine checks, appointments and surgeries. However, we recommend you stay up to date with preventative healthcare - please call us for advice on this if your pet is due any parasite treatment or vaccinations.
- Offering telephone consults where suitable - please call the practice in the first instance. These are charged at £15 and paid via telephone to reduce contact. If after the telephone consult, you still need to be seen then the £15 will be deducted from the in-practice consultation fee.
- Asking that pets are only accompanied by one person, and that person hasn't been to any of the high risk countries in the past few weeks or is displaying any signs of illness.
- We also have provisions in place so that the client doesn't have to enter the building when collecting meds or food, for example. Again, please call the practice to advise staff of your arrival.
- We are happy for clients to pay over the phone when they're collecting medication or food and would prefer not to come in the building.
- Finally, if your pet is on long term medication and you are running out, please give us a call with at least 5 days’ notice. We can talk with you about how we can get the medication to you in a way that is safe and comfortable, whether that be by post* (subject to medication type and postage charge), a car park handover or otherwise. All medication can be paid for over the phone for further safety.
*We have arranged with one of our suppliers to do some home deliveries locally, so if you are buying products in their range such as synoquin, Promax, or Aktivait for a few examples they may be able to deliver to your door with your order for medications and pet food or flea and worm products you require.
We are always on the end of the phone, so if you have any queries or concerns, please give us a ring on 01908 611637
Thank you for co-operating and supporting us during this time.